You are willing to play your favourite Rockstar game, but as soon as you launch the game from Social Club the tab comes in front of you with an Error Code 1005. This error is an initializing error when launching a game. There are various reasons for this error e.g. corrupted game files, outdated Direct X, problems with farewell, etc.
Initial Checks Before Primary Fix
Before going to the primary fix perform these checks maybe they solved your problem. So these are the initial Checks ;
- Verify Game files
- Close Background Apps
- Install Direct X 12
- Run Social Club as Administrator
Primary Fix For Error
These are the 3 main steps
- Allow game through Firewall
- Update Network driver
- Delete Cache files
Allow Game Through Firewall
- Click on the Windows search bar, type Windows Defender Firewall, and open it.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Change Settings and Allow Another App, select Browse, and navigate to the game installation folder.
- Click on the game executable file (.exe) and select Open.
- Check the checkbox in columns Private and Public in the game row and press Ok.
Update Network Drivers
- Click the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and open it.
- Select and Double-click on Network Adapters.
- Select your internet adapter and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers then Install the driver update.
- Restart Pc.
- Click on the Windows Search bar, type %localappdata% and hit press enter.
- Select All files and Shift+Delete press ok.
- If some files won’t delete, skip them.
- Temporary Diable antivirus
- Re-Install Social Club
- Launch the game Directly using the executable (.exe) file.
After Perfoming these steps, Social club error 1005 will be solved. If it doesnt use alternative steps to bypass the error and play the game.